The Association will be vested with full and plenary powers for the promotion or the furtherance of its objects or for the doing of anything arising from or incidental thereto including, specifically but without derogating from the generality of the foregoing, power to :
- Grant sums of money out of funds of the Association for the promotion of clinical biochemistry in such manner as may be determined from time to time.
- To purchase, take on lease, exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any corporeal or incorporeal property and any rights or privileges necessary or convenient for the purposes of the Association.
- To sell, improve, manage, develop, lease, mortgage, dispose of, turn to account or otherwise deal with all or any part of the property of the Association.
- To invest and deal with the monies of the Association in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
- To borrow any monies required for the purposes of the Association upon such terms and upon such securities as may be determined with power to pledge, mortgage or otherwise encumber any assets, property or rights of the said Association as security for any debts incurred.
- To pay out of the funds of the Association all costs, charges and expenses preliminary and incidental to the promotion and formation of the Association and the recruiting of qualified persons as members.
- To do all such further or other lawful things as may in the opinion of the Association from time to time be incidental or conducive to the promotion or carrying out of the objects of the Association or anything arising from or incidental thereto.
- The powers of the Association shall be vested in and exercisable by the Council hereinafter referred to subject to the provisions of this Constitution and to any directions from time to time given by the Association in general meeting and not inconsistent with this Constitution.
- Not withstanding the plenary powers herein before vested in the Association, the Association shall not in the furtherance or purported furtherance of its objects or in the exercise of its powers carry on any trading or other such profit-making activities (apart from activities to raise funds for the purposes of the Association) and shall not participate in any business, profession or occupation carried on by any of its members and shall not provide any financial assistance, premises or facilities required by any of its members for the carrying on of their business, profession or occupation.